Hotel Fun Facts
Well.. some of them are not so fun… some of them are just interesting observations. Perhaps “quirks” is a better word:
- There is a small hose next to the toilet
- There is not a shower curtain and none of us can figure out how to shower without recreating a scene from “Titanic” in the bathroom
- There are brown splotches painted on our wall- one of these splotches is, in fact, not paint, rather it is a dead cockroach smashed (it’s legs sprawled and poking off the wall) near the crown-molding
- We have a few lamps in each room. None of them, however, have lightbulbs…
- Our refrigerator has a lock and key on it
- You need a key to unlock the door from the outside AND the inside
- There are no towels… yeah…. no towels…
- Did I mention the cockroaches?
- We turn on our AC using a remote (it’s in Celsius and we have NO idea what to set it to)
- The airport “Shuttle” is a light blue Toyota Corolla or, as the driver calls it “Small Japanese Car”
- Our couches are a nice “camel beige” and there is a camel enclosure nearby. Perhaps you will see a picture of me on a camel in the next three weeks.
- Our room is “Max 4” guests- but these beds can easily fit three a piece and we have a living room with a couch and 2 armchairs
- There is waning arabic singing and brass music resonating down the alley where our hotel is located at 4am- hence why I woke up.. I think…
- Contents of our kitchen include: Nutella, bananas, apples, crackers, Arabic equivalent of Pringles called “Mister Potato Crisps”, and round bread slices from the “London Bakery”
- Did I mention NUTELLA?
- We have a BIG BLUE fire extinguisher! WOAH!!!
- There is a constant of “whirring” noise- I hope it’s the AC…
- There are GORGEOUS rugs on our wooden floor
- The cockroaches love them, too
- Just kidding, there aren’t THAT many cockroaches. I just really don’t like roaches…
- The elevator says it has a “Max. occupancy of 6”, but it’s only a 3’x3′ square…
- The color of the wood our tables and doors are made of is a luxurious mahogany
- The color of the roaches is slightly more sandy red
- You can brush your teeth and wash your feet at the same time! Broken pipes- FTW
- There’s one bracket that used to hold up a towel rod. The other bracket is missing.. so is the rod.. and there aren’t any towels to hang anyways
- The bed is super comfy (especially with friends to snuggle with!)
- The closets are wardrobes- Confirmation about connection to Narnia pending…
- The TV in the lobby only plays infomercials and ads for “B” American movies (like some weird shark-attack film I’d never heard of before)
If you couldn’t tell, I can’t sleep still. Perhaps my insomnia will lead to an exciting blog for all to follow. Or, perhaps my posts will just get more and more ridiculous. Here, have a Riyal:
For now, Aloha from Doha.